“You can just love Waldorf,” is what we tell everyone.
Waldorf is in an excellent financial position and we are thriving. Everything you do has a positive, additive impact on our work. With a mission to “educate the whole person,” everyone in our community has a part to play. Advocating, recruiting, giving and volunteering are all components of community support for a healthy, thriving future.
Share your dreams. Let’s make them happen.
- Window of Opportunity Campaign helps cover the expenses incurred for the Waldorf Lutheran College Foundation to purchase Waldorf University. The $2.5M is for legal fees, IT infrastructure and databases for every area of campus.
- Scholarship funds help fulfill our promise to make Waldorf accessible to and affordable to our students and their families.
- Campus Ministry has been a priority of the Waldorf Lutheran College Foundation. It continues as part of our mission to “educate the whole person” equipping our graduates with a sense of their life’s vocation.
- Waldorf Fund allows us to take advantage of new opportunities and is the greatest signal of endorsement to funding agencies by our alumni, families and friends.
- Existing Scholarships can often receive additional gifts. Please indicate the name of the scholarship in the memo section of the online giving page or on your check.
- New Scholarships can be established as annually funded or as an endowed fund. We are happy to talk with you about securing your story.
How to Give
- Online gifts can be made through our secure server, Simple Give. Gifts made by midnight 1/31 count in the calendar year and by midnight 6/30 for the academic/fiscal year.
- Gifts by Mail, must be postmarked by 12/31 to count as a 2023 tax year gift. Address checks to the Waldorf Lutheran College Foundation, include a note or write on the memo line if there is a fund designation, and mail to:
Waldorf Lutheran College Foundation
106 S. 6th Street
Forest City, IA 50436
Initiate gifts of appreciated assets or stock before December 25 to ensure we have enough time to process the gift in this calendar year. Contact Ms. Severin Roberts, Executive Director of the Waldorf Lutheran College Foundation, at 641.585.8144 or email email@example.com for routing instructions.
Qualified Charitable Distributions and gifts of Mandatory Distributions from IRAs are a great way to make your gift, take a larger tax deduction and leverage funds you don’t currently need for living expenses.
- Gifts through Donor Advised Funds can be directed to the Waldorf Lutheran College Founation, EIN 27-4358184. Please indicate on your gift or in communications with us if you have funds earmarked for your gifts.
Many employers offer Matching Gifts Programs to their employees, employee spouses and partners, and retirees to support those organizations most important to their community members. Once you make your gift to Waldorf, you initiate the matching gift through your employee portal, HR/benefits office or the payroll handling office.
Estate Gifts generously sustain our mission, support our students and transform Waldorf’s future. We can provide you with appropriate language and work with your estate preparation team to secure your legacy. Contact us to continue or start a conversation about including Waldorf in your estate plans. Together, we will document your wishes so your gift intentions are carried out.
- In Kind Gifts often offset expected expenses and can make a huge difference. If you have items you would like to donate to Waldorf, contact us to discuss the acceptance of these items, the process for receiving them and how we acknowledge these generous gifts.